Just a few more hours and I have already been 26 for an entire 24 hours. Oh how time flies. But before I completely say adieu to 25 and welcome 26 fully, I thought I would leave you with 25 random facts about me you wouldn't know just by reading my blog.
1. I am the oldest of three girls and ironically the shortest.
2. My parents enrolled me in school when I was a year and nine months and I have been in school none stop for the past 24 years of my life.
3. I have never played a sport in my life.
4. I am somewhat of a nerd and somewhat socially awkward. With that said however I love giving public presentations/speeches.
5. I am super super shy but ones I open up, I have been told I am funny
6. I have five names altogether. One first name, three middle names, and a last name, only found on my official documents like passports and degrees.
7. I have two masters degrees and people have asked me several times why I didn't get a PhD instead. Someday, still working on it.
8. I work for a non profit doing public health policy work and I love my job.
9. I love to travel but I am super scared of hotel beds. Most times, I bring my own bedding. And the hotel I stay in has to be at least 4 stars or I freak out. I do however love airports. I get so much inspiration for the diversity around me.
10. People always tell me I sound like a white girl on the phone. Whatever that means.
11. Someday, I want to move to DC
12. Michael is the first guy I ever took seriously and we have been together for almost 7 years.
13. I tend to keep my personal life super private.
14. I don't have many friends. I can count all my friends on one hand.
15. I was a sneaker head in high school. I am talking lining up at 5am for the newest pair of jordans. Now, I only own one sneaker and thats for working out. Oh and a pair of converse if that counts.
16. I never ever use swear words. I don't like when people use them around me. Pet peeve.
17. I can watch HGTV all day.
18. Half of my clothes and shoes have never been worn. Just hanging in my closet waiting to be worn.
19. I think I was an Indian in my past life. Seriously obsessed with the culture.
20. I have been bitten by a stray dog in a parking lot. I have the scars to prove it.
21. I was born Methodist and have been Methodist all my life.
22. My mom is my backbone. People always tell me I look like her.
23. I am 26 and have never ever tried any alcoholic drinks before. I know how alcohol smells like and thats about it.... and no its not a religious thing. Just a personal choice. Who knows, someday I will try it but for now I don't care for it.
24. I have enough family to fill a stadium. I have 163 cousins just on my dads side. Don't ask.
25. I failed swimming lessons three times. Needless to say I can't swim but I hope to learn someday. Fourth time is a charm?!?